Monthly Archives: August 2016
Social Media Game On Fleek
Posted on August 30, 2016.
With social media being so intertwined with our everyday lives, we all want our social media game to be on point. And there’s lots you can do to up that game! Here are some simple tips to take your Facebook, Instagram, and all the other million social media platforms that exist to the next level:
1. For a profile picture, choose a flattering picture, but make sure it’s the real you. Filters are one thing, but lately there’s been a trend towards photoshopping profile pictures to get them perfect. We say, just be you, your beautiful self.
2. Use lots of pictures, as they catch the eye. Whether you love memes or have tons of pictures from that awesome vacay you just took, a picture says a thousand words, so post those snapshots.
3. Be positive. Not in a fake way, as sucky things happen to all of us. But it’s just kind of a bummer to read consistently negative, gossipy statuses, or tweets that attack a certain group or person. And it probably can’t feel too good to constantly share the bad and never focus on the good.
4. Share events, interests, etc., that spark your curiosity. Social media is a place where you can share who you are, and it makes it easier to connect with friends you may not even know had similar interests.
5. Always be yourself. Especially for women, there can be a certain level of pressure to only post pictures or statuses that are overtly sexual, but don’t be afraid to show your silly, kind, smart, and amazing self, in whichever way you please, because at the end of the day, being yourself is the most appealing thing out there.
“The Bachelorette”: JoJo Makes Her Choice
Posted on August 11, 2016.
We’ve all been enthralled over the past several weeks as we watch JoJo Fletcher, this season’s “Bachelorette,” slowly make her way towards love. The finale was everything we were hoping for and more. Down to either Robby or Jordan, it quickly became decision time. Of course, this decision couldn’t be made until both men met JoJo’s family. Her family very clearly preferred Robby. JoJo even prefaced her parents’ meeting with Jordan by saying that he was similar to many men she had dated, and she was scared he would break her heart.
But that didn’t stop JoJo from shocking us all by choosing Jordan! After telling Robby that she was in love with him, but her heart was somewhere else, JoJo wiped away her tears and professed her love to Jordan, as he got down on one knee and proposed to our Bachelorette.
It was beautiful to watch their special moment, and we wish them the best. Of course, the rumor mill has already started churning out stories, and it’s hard to tell how much of these stories are true. Did Jordan really just land a gig at ESPN due to his appearance on the Bachelorette? Is it true that the couple has already broken up?! If “After The Final Rose” is any indication, no and no. Stay tuned… we’re certainly hoping this beautiful couple stays together and lasts the test of time!
Another Reason to Love Michelle Obama
Posted on August 9, 2016.
Michelle Obama proves once again that she is probably the most relatable First Lady EVER when she appeared on James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke” last week. While she touched on issues like life in the White House and her initiatives towards educating girls worldwide, she also jammed out to tunes by Stevie Wonder and Beyonce. And guess what? If this clip was any indication, she’s exactly as cool and down-to-earth as you thought she was.
The highlight of this edition of “Carpool Karaoke” was when Missy Elliot jumped in the backseat. She sang along with Obama and Corden to “This Is for My Girls” and throwback “Get Ur Freak On.” Not only did it look like they were having a ton of fun, but it was really cool to see the First Lady in a more casual setting, even mentioning her skills at making grilled cheese. Love her!
Check out this clip on YouTube if you haven’t seen it yet!